Tuesday, February 12, 2013

John's Chinese Birthday ♥♥♥

My dearest boyfriend John and I celebrated his 24th (2 years younger than me!) birthday with another foodie adventure! We had tons of go-to-eats in our list and we couldn't make up our minds! After much debate though, we decided to go to China Town. It was both our first time going to Ongpin and it was perfect timing in celebration of the Chinese New Year as well. I was very much ecstatic to witness a live dragon dance and try out some popular dimsums too :p

*Please forgive me as I was not able to take note of the name of the restaurant. I'll ask John later and insert the name here. So sorry*

We were served first with a couple of glasses of hot tea. I believe it's part of the Chinese tradition to drink tea prior to the meal.



Since it was too early before lunch time, we decided not to take heavy full meals since we knew we'd be pigging out all throughout the day anyway :p

John's fried noodles and my chicken mami (noodles in chicken broth with green leafy veggies and chicken meat chunks) tasted different from the traditional. I love Hongkong Style fried noodles that, as much as possible, I get one everytime I go to Victory Mall. One of my favorite meriendas too is the chicken mami. However, I didn't realize that I'll be tasting two of my favorite meals in an other-worldly version! So this is the difference that is authentic Chinese cuisine!



Side dishes: Buchi and pork Siomai ♥



And while we were eating, a dragon came inside the restaurant! yey! I was able to take some photos but since they were dancing, I couldn't take a decent shot.



After the meal, we headed to Lucky Chinatown Mall to watch a movie. We couldn't figure whether we are to watch Chinese Zodiac or Mama. Being the scaredy cat that I am, I seldom watch horror movies. This time though, I opted to go for Mama. Haha :p While we were waiting for the time, we chanced upon a Happy Lemon stand. This we couldn't miss, being self confessed milk tea fanatics ♥



Happy happy birthday to my boyfriend, my best friend, my soul mate. I love you!!! ♥♥♥


Chiao gals~
TFG ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment