Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Happy Birthday Post: Lefabgeek Turns 28!

*Warning: Photo Heavy Post*

"To know how to grow old is the master work of Wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living:" said Henry Frederic Amiel. Not that I knew who this character was but he certainly took the words right out of my mouth. But these were also not my exact thoughts a few days before the big day. You guessed it correctly. It's the same dilemma year after year: growing old, adding possible Graying hairs or fine lines here and there. But then again, when the dreaded birthday has come to pass and you have celebrated it beautifully and worthwhile, all those very few days of torment seemed nothing more than a Ghost of yesterday's past. And last Saturday, December 13th, was that "dreaded" day of the year. And so far, I could attest that it was the most amazing birthday I have had. It was my first birthday spent out of town with my family, my boyfriend and some family friends. We dined in at Leslie's Restaurant for lunch, a native resto in Tagaytay City, with a spectacular 360 degrees view of the scenic Taal Volcano

We went straight to the Sky Ranch Amusement Park and dropped by the Pink Sisters Convent to give thanks, bought some goodies before we went home. It rained right after we left the convent which, of course, resulted to a traffic jam. Oh well, nonetheless, it was such a wonderful day tour experience which became even more special when you celebrated that day among people close to your heart. Here are a few shots of that wondrous day. Hope you like it!

Meet my MOM!

and my DAD!




the Brotha!

Mom and Dad :)

Bro, me and boyfie


Family Picture :D


My sinful Chocolate Caramel Cake <3

As for my #ootd, I wore this Silver Mossimo pullover which I got on super sale for only 6 USD! Knowing that Tagaytay has an all year round cold weather, I thought I should put on a sweater or anything knitted for that matter. Good thing I did my research the day before and realized that the temperature was actually 24 degrees C! Just a few degrees lower from the heat in Manila. I bade my planned ootd goodbye, which was supposedly this white cable knit sweater I bought from Ellie's Shop. I still proceeded wearing this pretty hot pink Jeggings and floral sneakers which I got from Sam's Closet PH. This pair of cuties was a chance steal! One of my online shopping pet peeves is buying footwear. I just couldn't find the perfect pair and most of the time, I end up getting cramps and bruises. When I saw this pair though, my heart melted. I knew I was again going to risk especially that buying online wouldn't give you the opportunity to see if it fits. But I still went on. Fortunately, the pair was very comfortable and light. I think I'm seeing myself getting another pair in other colors very soon!







Pull Over ; Mossimo | Jeggings ; The SM Store ; Backpack ; gift from Tickles | Cross necklace ; AI Fashion | Floral Sneakers ; Sam's Closet PH
L-R: Kuya Neil, Patrick, Dad, Mom, Marlon, Me, Bro and John Boyfie <3
Before I end this post, I would like to express my unyielding gratitude to my family who has been with me through thick and thin. For all those times we had almost nothing, we stuck together, come hell or high water. Now that I am able to say "I Can", trust me I will. I will take you to all the places we had not been to, or restaurants we had not dined at, see movies we had not seen, just because we could not. But now I can, we can, we will. I love you.

Thank you as well to my ever supportive boyfriend for staying by my side for four years and five months, and counting. Thank you for all the love and strength, understanding and respect. We will explore the world together. I love you.

Thank you to my best friend for being just the bestest person in the world, for 19 years we stayed strong. Let us be best friends until we are grandmas. I love you.

Thank you to all my friends for simply being crazy and fun, and making my life more amazing, and the world a lot less boring.

Thank you dear God, for the 28 fruitful years. Thank you for all the challenges that made me more durable and wise, for all the triumphs that made me humble and generous. Thank you for letting me live, for giving me my family, boyfriend and friends. I love you.

Love Lots,


No comments:

Post a Comment